St Hugh (1140–1200 AD) was Bishop of Lincoln and known as the English St Francis. In 1888, a Mr Bagshawe of Sheffield purchased a disused smithy to convert it into a church dedicated to St Hugh. The church opened on 17 December 1888, and a chancel was added in the following year. Miss A. Bagshawe, a student of Advent Hunstone of Tideswell, carved the chair and plinth.
9.30 am - Morning Worship
N.B. This service is NOT held on the first Sunday each month.
Our service of Morning Prayer and Praise.
The second Sunday of each month is a Holy Communion Services, following Common Worship.